Thursday, July 31, 2014

50000!!!

I don't know if I have mentioned NaNoWriMo before now, but its a competition of sorts that happens in November where you race to write 50000 words in one month. There is also a Camp NaNoWriMo where you can choose your word count goal. I tried and failed in November, 2013, to reach the word count goal set out for me. I only reached 30000 words on December 1st. This month I added 50000 words to that number so I could continue my book from where I left off so I would know if I reached 50000 words this month or not, and I just did! I wrote 50000 words in one month!

Though I reached my word goal, I did not finish my book and am still working on the story line part of it. Also I was working on two books at once, Small and Then. The manuscript of Small so far has 59516 words and 15 chapters and the manuscript of Then has 28158 words and 6 chapters. I promise I will finish and publish these books when they are complete and edited, and I can't wait for the day that I get to hold a copy of either of these books.

Until then I hope that you all have a grand day and if you ever set out to write a book, I hope that you will reach your goal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment